The fundamental goal of our firm is to provide the experience and technical skills commonly found in large law firms, while distinguishing ourselves by emphasizing one-on-one personal relationships with our clients and providing responsive, cost-effective service.
Murphy & Weiner was established in 1986 in Silicon Valley, initially to service small private and public clients seeking to raise capital and/or requiring assistance with public company disclosure and compliance. Over the decades, we have continued to provide these services while expanding the breadth of our capabilities. Today, we represent clients in sophisticated corporate and securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, secured and unsecured lending transactions, PIPEs and general corporate matters. As a result, we our able to counsel and assist public and privately-held entities from pre-formation and early-stage financing, through initial public offerings, ongoing compliance and post-IPO financing, mergers, acquisitions and, if necessary, restructuring.
Our small firm of attorneys ensures that matters are staffed economically and expertly. Equally important, we provide the same degree of responsiveness and focus to small, leanly funded start-ups as we do to larger publicly-held companies.
We provide a broad range of legal services, including but not limited to the following:
- Representing companies, regional investment bankers and investors in planning for and consummating initial and follow-on public offerings
- Guiding private and public companies through all aspects of private sales of debt and equity securities
- Counseling senior management and boards of directors on corporate governance and regulatory compliance issues
- Representing buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of businesses
- Structuring and documenting venture capital transactions
- Serving as an expert witness on corporate governance, corporate finance and securities law matters
- Advising and assisting public companies, management and other company insiders on SEC disclosure, reporting and compliance requirements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including periodic reporting, proxy statement preparation and insider trading reporting and liability
- Advising companies on their compliance with New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and NYSE Amex Equities (formerly, the American Stock Exchange) regulations
- Counseling companies with respect to compliance with applicable provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act compliance
- Providing advice on all aspects of compliance and disclosure under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
We continue to maintain our Silicon Valley Office, but in 2013, we opened a new office in Marin County, California, which now serves as our principal office.
© Murphy & Weiner, a Professional Corporation. All rights reserved.